Make and edit audio or video with this versatile multimedia tool.
Camtasia is a powerful video and audio recording tool available at no cost for UBC faculty, staff, and students. Camtasia allows for recording of your screen and/or your webcam, and has intuitive editing capabilities.
What is this tool for?
Camtasia can be used for one-take recordings or editing videos. You can record narration as you capture your screen, or separately. You can also mash-up and remix other footage together. Once you are done editing your video, you can upload it to Kaltura to make it available to your students. Make your media better produced using a versatile DIY media tool like Camtasia.
- PowerPoint slides can be integrated into Camtasia.
- Recording can be paused at any time, or you can edit multiple takes together.
- Using the Camtasia Editor, you can use overlays, cursors, and text to draw attention to specific areas.
How do I get started?
See Camtasia's system requirements.
If you wish to do video & audio recording, you will require a webcam and microphone.
- Log in to Canvas with your CWL.
- Click the Help menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the Software Distribution option.
- Select Camtasia from the menu.
- Choose your platform (Mac or Windows).
- Click the Add to cart button.
- Click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Fill in your Contact Information.
- On the following page, note down the License Key because you will need it to complete the installation.
- Click the Proceed with Download button.
- Click the Download button and follow the instruction prompts to complete installation.
Example Use Cases
Support for this tool is provided by Educational Technology Support and UBC Studios.
Book a meeting with UBC Studios for a training workshop or a customized sessions for your specific needs: firstname.lastname@example.org