We often receive questions from instructors about how to set up course updates before the beginning of term, so that they don’t have to remember to send reminders while they’re preoccupied with other course tasks (you can probably imagine that this simplifies things!)
One easy way to do this is to set up Date Restrictions in your Connect Announcements tool. You can create Announcements for all major course events–such as tests, assignment deadlines; beginnings of units; and special events in class, if you are teaching face-to-face–at the beginning of the course, and schedule them to be posted at the appropriate time.
- Go into the “Create Announcement” tool
- Enter the Subject and Message of your announcement
- Scroll down to Web Announcement options
- Select the date and time you would like the announcement to appear in “Display After” and, if applicable, the date after which you would like it to disappear in “Display Until”
- Click Submit, and you should see your announcement appear in the queue!
If you have any questions about Announcements, or are interested in learning more about learning technologies, stop by our Learning Technology Drop-In sessions on Tuesdays from 12pm-1pm in Scarfe 1008! We’re also available by phone at 604-822-6333 and by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our other ETS Tips!