Connect Groups provide a members-only space for communication and collaboration. Discussions, blogs, and assignments can be created for groups. Instructors can set up memberships manually, randomly, or via self-enrolment.
- At a Glance: Connect Groups (PDF, 221 KB)
- How-to: Create Groups and Enrol Students
- How-to: Choose a Group Enrolment Method (Manual, Random, or Self-Enrol)
- How-to: Manage Groups
- How-to: Use Group Tools
- Some tools within Connect can also be used within groups.
- These tools include discussions, blogs, journals, and assignment drop boxes.
- Groups can be randomly or manually assigned, or students can sign up themselves.
- As the instructor, you can see what is happening within groups.
- Groups are a good way to encourage collaboration within your course.