Connect Discussions are a way to facilitate asynchronous communication within your course. As the instructor, you can create forums for students to participate. Discussions can also be used in Groups.
- At a Glance: Connect Discussions (PDF, 189 KB)
- How-to Video: Create Discussion Board Forums
- How-to: Create Discussion Board Forums
- Creating Threads (PDF, 337 KB)
- How-to: View Forums
- How-to: Reply to a Discussion Board Thread
- How-to: Manage and Edit Discussions
- How to: Search and Collect Discussion Posts
- Discussions are a way to facilitate communication between all members of a course.
- Instructors set up forums, and within these forums students can create threads and post replies.
- Files can be attached within posts.
- Group-specific discussions can be created for collaborative work.
- Participants can subscribe to a specific discussion thread and receive emails when new posts are created.
- Kaltura can be used for video discussions.
All questions regarding this technology can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or we can be contacted by phone at 604.822.6333, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.