Camtasia is a powerful video and audio recording tool available at no cost for UBC faculty, staff, and students. Camtasia allows for recording of your screen and/or your webcam, and has intuitive editing capabilities.
- Recommended Practices (PDF, 789 KB)
- Video Testimonial – Camtasia Overview (3:29)
- Special Project: Master’s degree program on Teaching French as a Second Language was developed in 2010. It is one of the first blended Master’s degree programs in the Faculty of Education. The students were distributed across Canada and the content was delivered in variety of ways. Instructors recorded some of their lectures using Camtasia.
- Special Project: Most of the videos in the Faculty of Education’s first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Reconciliation through Indigenous Education were created by the media production team. However, Camtasia was also used for recording weekly “Concluding Thoughts” by the instructor.
- Camtasia can be used for one-take recordings or edited videos
- You can record narration as you capture your screen, or separately
- Recording can be paused at any time, or you can edit multiple takes together
- Screen capture can be limited to a specific window or area
- Using the Camtasia Editor you can use overlays, cursors, and text to draw attention to specific areas
- Completed projects can be exported as files for uploading or sharing
- Videos can be hosted on Kaltura, YouTube, etc.
All questions regarding this technology can be directed to email@example.com or we can be contacted by phone at 604.822.6333, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.