Blackboard Collaborate is virtual classroom technology that includes web conferencing, screen sharing, interactive whiteboards, and breakout rooms for groups. Optionally, sessions can be recorded, making it a good option for presentations and lectures.
- Recommended Practices (PDF, 311 KB)
- Video Testimonial – Collaborate Overview (2:01)
- Special Project: Collaborate has been used in this blended Master Degree program in Modern Languages Education to bring together students from across Canada.
- Tip: Closed Captioning in Blackboard Collaborate
- Tip: Audio Set Up in Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate has many features to enhance a meeting or class.
- High quality video and audio web conferencing. Up to 6 participants can broadcast at one time.
- There is no limit to the number of participants. Everyone can watch and listen to the conference, and participate in chat.
- Integration with Connect, allowing sessions to be shared and accessed from a course shell
- Whiteboard can be used for slides or collaborative work.
- Screen sharing allows you to show anything on your computer.
- Mobile apps make access flexible.
- Breakout rooms allow for group work which can then be brought back to the main room.
- Participants can raise hands, emote, or participate in polls for an interactive experience.
- Sessions can be recorded for later playback.
- Can be used independently of Connect for meetings and conferences.