To prepare for attending a Collaborate session, please follow the instructions below:
- Watch a 4-minute orientation video.
- Prepare a headset. Make sure the headset has a microphone.
- Ensure you have steady high speed internet. Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and run the speed test. Please note connection less than 300kbps will result in poor audio and video quality and you may experience a lag. Wired internet connection is highly recommended. If you must use a wireless internet connection, please consider the following:
- Make sure no one else is using your network during your session
- Make sure you are sitting close to the modem.
- Log in early. Enter the session at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
Once you are familiar with the Collaborate environment and have configured your computer, you are ready for your Collaborate session.
- If you experience problems during a session, review this self-guided troubleshooting document.
- Close all “docked” applications such as Skype or desktop background gallery to ensure faster computer speed.