Before your session, remember to:
- Create the Collaborate session in Connect. If it’s not Connect related, contact your department representative.
- Forward the checklist to participants and presenters. It is essential to complete the Audio setup wizard.
For your session, remember to:
- Check the participant rights to use the microphone, webcam, and chat
- Grant moderator role to presenters, technician, or students who are presenting and need to upload a PowerPoint
How do I…
- Upload PowerPoint, show website, share my screen
- Give and remove microphone, webcam, chat rights
- Give Moderator role to tech support, or to students to do presentations
- Create and manage breakout rooms
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java, which can be downloaded from http://java.com/en/
- Remember Collaborate can only support PowerPoint, and that:
- Embedded video/audio will not work. Embedded videos need to be accessed via a link (e.g., Youtube).
- Transitions/animations will not be displayed. If transitions/animations is important, they must be created as separate slides.
- PowerPoint is not saved when all the moderators leave the room. This means you will not be able to upload your PowerPoint into the room the day before the session.
- Collaborate can display up to 6 webcams simultaneously. If you have more than 6 participants in the room (and everyone has turned on the webcam), not everyone’s video will be visible. However, whenever someone is speaking, her webcam will automatically be displayed in the main window.
- There are usually 2 virtual microphones available in a Collaborate session and whoever clicks on the “Talk” button essentially picks up a microphone. The instructor usually keeps a microphone for the entire duration of the session. However, for students, after a student picks up a microphone, he needs to return the microphone by unselecting the “Talk” button or else there will be no available microphones for other students.
- Contact the 24/7 Collaborate tech support: http://blackboard.force.com/btbb_publichome?dfprod=Collaborate, then click on “Chat with an Agent” or “Call us”.