Date: September 13th and 14th
Location: Scarfe 1008G
Time: 9:30 am – 11:30 am, and 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm respectively.
Registration: Required (click here to register)
Faculty members learning about the types of support available in the Faculty of Education.
Looking to use Canvas for the first time? Needing to record a lecture and put it online? Wanting to find out how teaching an online-only class could work for your busy schedule? Find the answers to all of these questions and more at the Orientation to Learning Technologies. This session is highly recommended by the Dean’s office.
The goal of the Orientation is to:
- Introduce new instructors to the context of teaching with learning technologies within the Faculty of Education
- Provide an opportunity to connect with like-minded peers and share best practices
- Provide relevant information on teaching strategies, educational technologies and institutional policies through activities and presentations
The Orientation will cover a variety of topics including:
- How to incorporate flexible learning in your courses through different models of teaching and learning strategies.
- The available teaching tools within the Faculty of Education and UBC.
- An introduction to UBC’s official Learning Management System.
- Academic integrity, copyright and introduction to the Library Online Course Reserves (LOCR).
- Contact information for in-Faculty technology support.
This is an informational orientation session containing no dedicated hands-on time. Additional in-depth and hands-on workshops, focusing on specific learning technologies, will be offered throughout the year. For additional information, contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 604-822-6333.