Register now for the upcoming May 2018 Orientation.
At the beginning of each term, the Educational Technology Support offers an Orientation to Learning Technologies. This 2-hour session is suitable for faculty members who are looking to use UBC’s learning platform for the first time, needing to record a lecture and putting it online or wanting to find out how teaching an online-only class could work for a busy schedule. This session is highly recommended by the Dean’s office.
The goal of the Orientation is to:
- Introduce new instructors to the context of teaching with learning technologies within the Faculty of Education
- Provide an opportunity to connect with like-minded peers and share best practices
- Provide relevant information on teaching strategies, educational technologies and institutional policies through activities and presentations
The Orientation will cover a variety of topics including:
- How to incorporate flexible learning in your courses through different models of teaching and learning strategies.
- The available teaching tools within the Faculty of Education and UBC.
- An introduction to UBC’s official Learning Management System.
- Academic integrity, copyright and introduction to the Library Online Course Reserves (LOCR).
- Contact information for in-Faculty technology support.
This is an informational orientation session containing no dedicated hands-on time. Additional in-depth and hands-on workshops, focusing on specific learning technologies, will be offered throughout the year. If you have specific questions regarding learning technologies, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604-822-6333.
For photos from our previous Orientation sessions, please see the gallery below