Date: This session is offered twice at the beginning of each term, usually in the second week. Check our events calendar for the exact date.
Location: Scarfe 1008G
Time: First session May 17th 1:00 to 3:00 pm & second session May 18th 10:00 to 12:00 am.
Registration: Required (Click here to register.)
Looking to use Connect for the first time? Interested in recording a lecture? Or figuring out how teaching an online-only class could work for your busy lifestyle? ETS holds a series of workshops and events designed to help you incorporate flexible learning into your classroom. Join us at the next Orientation to Learning Technologies to gain an introductory overview of the learning technologies available at the Faculty of Education and UBC and learn more about the resources at ETS to enrich your teaching. This session is highly recommended by the Dean’s office.
The goal of the Orientation is to:
- Introduce new instructors to the context of teaching with learning technologies within the Faculty of Education
- Provide an opportunity to connect with like-minded peers and share best practices
- Provide relevant information on teaching strategies, educational technologies and institutional policies through activities and presentations
The Orientation will cover a variety of topics including:
- How to incorporate flexible learning in your courses through different models of teaching and learning
- The available teaching tools within the Faculty of Education and UBC
- An introduction to Connect, UBC’s official Learning Management System
- Other software and resources to enrich your teaching practice
- Academic integrity, copyright and introduction to the Library Online Course Reserves (LOCR)
- Contact information for in-Faculty technology support
This two hour orientation will be offered twice at the beginning of the term, and will cover the most relevant information you need to know to teach with learning technologies. This is not a hands-on session: for more information about the types of events offered by ETS, please refer to our Learning Technology Sessions page and our Events Calendar.
Registration is required for this event; the registration link is available here: http://ets-educ.sites.olt.ubc.ca/olt-registration/.
For more information, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604-822-6333.