Connect Calendar events can be pushed out to third party calendars such as Outlook and Google Calendar through an iCalendar feed. Once the iCalendar feed is set up on a third party calendar, updates to events are automatically reflected on the third party calendar. To export your Course Calendar in Connect to Google Calendar, please follow these short instructions:
- Log into your course in Connect with your username and password.
- From your left-hand side course panel, select Calendar.
- Below your list of calendar events, look for ICALENDAR at the bottom and click Get External Calendar Link.
- Copy the URL with the .ics extension to use for Google Calendar or Outlook.
- Back in Google, access your Calendar.
- In Google Calendar, look for Other Calendars on the left-hand side panel. Click on the down-arrow next to Other Calendars.
- From the drop-down menu, select Add by URL.
- Enter the Blackboard iCalendar URL in the field provided and click the Add Calendar button when you are ready to go.
Once the calendar has finished uploading, it will appear in the Other Calendars sector of the calendar list to the left.
For more information on how to export your selected Connect Calendars content into other calendar applications such as iCal, Google Calendar and Outlook Windows 2013, please refer to the following website page:
Want to learn more about communication tools in Connect? If you are interested in learning more about the Connect Calendar, Announcements and Discussions and more, stop by our Learning Technology Drop in Sessions on Tuesdays from 12pm-1pm in Scarfe 1008! We’re also available by phone at 604-822-6333 and by email at email@example.com. Check out our other ETS Tips!