Providing a better course banner has been an ongoing goal for the ETS team for a number of years. Our recently developed iteration is based on feedback from instructors who had difficulties editing their course banner and opening up their course in the past. To learn more about how to edit the new course banner, please follow the short instructions below:
- Log into Connect with your CWL username and password. Select your course from the course list module.
- Access the Page Banner in your Course Homepage. Once in your Connect course, notice that the previous solid color course banner has been replaced with a banner with a background image. These images, captured at different locations in the UBC Vancouver campus, are the same for courses offered in the same department.
- Open your Course. If your course is not yet available to students, you will see a bright yellow notice with red font on the top right-hand corner. Click on the link for further instructions.
- Edit the Page Banner. The banner attempts to automatically detect the instructor and display their information, however in the case that your information is missing or incorrect you can easily edit the banner. To edit the page banner, click on the down-arrow next to Course Homepage on the action bar and select Page banner from the options.
- Add your relevant information in the banner boxes. In the Edit Page Banner page, you will see a number of fields where you can easily enter contact information or change the display name of the course and other relevant information.
- Optional information. Note that not all fields in the page banner are required to be displayed. If you would prefer not to include your phone number, e-mail address or office number, write FALSE in the relevant fields and it will not display in the page banner.
- Submit. Click Submit to save your changes.
Got more questions about how to edit your Connect Course page banner or how to navigate the Connect environment? If you are interested in learning more about the tools in Connect, stop by our Learning Technology Drop in Sessions on Tuesdays from 12pm-1pm in Scarfe 1008! We’re also available by phone at 604-822-6333 and by email at email@example.com. Check out our other ETS Tips!