To help you gain more hands-on experience with learning technologies, Educational Technology Support offers Practical 2-Day workshops in the Digital Technology Series (DTS)! These sessions are open to all instructors, TAs and staff in the Faculty of Education. Come in with any questions about these technologies and we will do our best to help!
The sessions will cover a variety of topics including:
- How to create, edit and deliver powerful, rich media presentations online using Kaltura CaptureSpace.
- A tour of UBC studios to see first hand the technologies available for use.
- An overview of the features in UBC Blogs and Connect Blogs, the two central personal publishing platforms supported by UBC.
- How to deliver an engaging live online session using Blackboard Collaborate.
- An orientation to BlueJeans, a web conferencing tool that also allows for recording.
- A narrowed down look at the Grade Center and the Assignment Dropbox in Connect, UBC’s official Learning Management System.
Note: UBC Studios is located in the University Services Building – 0110 – 2329 West Mall (at Agronomy) and PCOH – Ponderosa Commons Oak House, 2075 Lower Mall