As the term starts to come to a close, we sometimes receive questions from instructors wondering how to download their grades from the Grade Center and how to upload them in the Faculty Service Center. There is a super quick short cut to download grades from the Grade Center, just follow the instructions below!
(Full Screen view recommended)
- Access the Full Grade Center, located Under Course Management and Grade Center.
- From the top menu, click Work Offline and select Download.
- Select the data to download.
Full Grade Center: choose this option if you would like to download all student data in the Grade Center, with all the columns and associated grades. Comments will not be included.
Selected Column: you also have the option to choose only one column and its data. Check the box to include comments for this column if you would like to download the comments from the Quick Comment feature and edit the comments offline.
User information only: select this option if you would only like to download student information e.g. First Name, Last Name, Year Level.
- Under Options, select either tab delimited (.XLS) or comma delimited (.CSV) as the delimiter type to open the file in Microsoft Excel. We recommend keeping the default option Tab as the delimiter type.
- Select whether to Include Hidden Information in the downloaded data, which includes columns and users hidden from instructor view.
- Under Save Location, select the location where to download the file. Click My Computer to save the file in a folder on your computer. Alternatively, you can select Content Collection and click on Browse to select a folder from the course where you would like to save your file.
- Click Browse to select the folder in the Content Collection.
- Click Submit.
- In the Download Grades page, click Download. You should now be able to see the file in your Downloads.
Got any questions about the Grade Center? If you are interested in learning more about Connect and the Grade Center, stop by our Learning Technology Drop in Sessions on Tuesdays from 12pm-1pm in Scarfe 1008! We’re also available by phone at 604-822-6333 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our other ETS Tips!