The App for January is Explain Everything.
Explain Everything logo
What is it?
Explain Everything is a “whiteboard” style presentation app that allows you to interact with visual learning material while recording a presentation. As a teacher, you are able to record and edit your presentations using this tool, creating very cool, animated presentation slides you previously would not have been able to make with PowerPoint presentations. This tool can also be used by students to create presentations and showcase their work through a visually engaging medium.
Why this app?
Explain Everything is a very easy to use app that can make your presentations more interesting, attractive, and fun to watch. The app gives you the ability to easily animate your learning content while giving you a flexible format to tweak and edit the content just the way you want to. There is also an option to collaborate with other users, allowing you to build a presentation with other people using the app. Upon signing up for Explain Everything, you are given a one-month free trial to try out the app so you can test it out to see if you want it before buying it.
How does it work?
- Download the Explain Everything app on Apple or Google Play.
- Sign up with your email address.
- Create a new project by clicking the + button in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select the colour of your background, and the orientation of your project.
- Start adding objects, and marking them over using the tools provided.
- Modify your project as you see fit, using the timeline located on the bottom of the screen.
- If you like the app, be sure to sign up for a plan after your 30-day free trial has expired!
An overview of Explain Everything:
Rather than having your students create PowerPoint presentation, have your students create their presentations using Explain Everything. This experience will teach your students how to use a new learning technology tool as well as create presentations that look nicer and are more engaging than what they could have done using PowerPoint. You can download the Explain Everything mobile app at: (Apple ,Google Play)
Encourage your students to create their future presentations using Explain Everything too!
What do you think?
Tell us if you like this app, or if you don’t, tell us what app you use instead. Figured out another way of integrating the app into learning? Tweet us @UBC_ETS! We’d love to hear from you.