In order to make the student experience of Connect smoother, some instructors often inquire about how they can direct students to specific places in their course. With all the links in Connect, sometimes clicking one after the other can feel like an unending obstacle course for both instructors and students. Adding a Course Link to your Announcement is a neat way to make sure that all students go to the exact page that you want them to!
- Click on the Announcement tool in the side-bar menu of your course.
(If you are not able to see this tool on your menu, you can add it to your course by simply clicking on the grey button on the top left-hand side of your menu. Select Tool Link. In the Add Tool Link drop-down menu, choose Announcements as the Type and check the “Available to Students” box. Click Submit.)
- With the Edit mode enabled, click on Create Announcement and add the relevant information in the Subject and Message boxes.
- Scroll down to Course Link and click on Browse.
- In the pop-up window, you should be able to see a tree view of your course. Select any course item (e.g. folders, assignments, tests) that you would like students to access.
- Click on Submit to save your changes.
This is a great way to save your students some time hunting for assignments or other important files.
Unclear about how to make the best out of Announcements or other tools in Connect? Got pressing questions? If you have questions about Connect organization, we have your back! Please email us at email@example.com, call us at 604-822-6333, or drop by Scarfe 1008 for one-to-one technological support.
Check out our other ETS Tips!